How do I apply?

First, ask the court to allow you to serve your sentence in a city jail facility at the sentencing hearing. Next, ask for a Court Commitment Order that:

  • Identifies the plea charge
  • Includes that your time may be served in a city jail facility.
  • Specifies any increments of custody at the direction of the court (consecutive days or intervals between days).
  • States the length of the sentence to be served and defines any "time served" credit that you may have.
  • States your name

‍Lastly, contact the Alhambra City Jail Supervisor at 626-570-5145 and request a Pay to Stay application. Upon completion of the application, return it to the Alhambra Police Department with your $100 non-refundable application fee and a copy of your court commitment paperwork.

Show All Answers

1. Am I eligible to serve my sentence in the Alhambra City Jail?
2. How many days can I serve in the Alhambra City Jail?
3. What personal items can I bring?
4. May I bring medication?
5. Will I have to share a cell with other inmates?
6. Will I be allowed visitors?
7. What is the cost?
8. How do I apply?