How do I get my vehicle out of impound?

If the vehicle was impounded for a 30-day hold 14602.6(a)V.C., please contact the Alhambra Police Department Traffic Division at 626-570-5119 to schedule an appointment for a hearing.

The vehicle can be released to the registered owner who has a valid California driver's license only. The vehicle must also be currently registered with the Department of Motor Vehicles. An administrative fee of $97.75 is due upon release. Cash, check, money order, or credit card (Discover, Visa, or MasterCard) will be accepted.

Show All Answers

1. Where do I pay a traffic ticket?
2. Can the Alhambra Police Department sign off my "fix-it" ticket?
3. Can I refuse to take tests if I am stopped for DUI?
4. If I spot an abandoned vehicle on a public street, what should I do?
5. I don’t know who towed my vehicle, what do I do?
6. How do I get my vehicle out of impound?
7. My car was towed but I contest the validity of the authority to store the vehicle. What can I do?
8. I got a traffic ticket, but I didn’t receive anything in the mail. How do I know what to pay or if I can go to traffic school?
9. When do I have to report a traffic accident, and to whom?
10. While driving my car, I struck and damaged property (other than another car). What do I do?
11. Does the Alhambra Police Department install child safety seats?
12. What's the age limit to carry passengers in the car?
13. I am visiting from another country. Do I need to obtain a California driver’s license?