The Alhambra Police Explorer program is designed to provide career development opportunities for young adults interested in law enforcement. Explorers are able to network with current Alhambra PD employees, law enforcement employees from other agencies, and explorers from other posts. Our goal is not only to enhance their leadership/teamwork skills and self-discipline but also to challenge them to become responsible members of their communities.
- Must be between the ages of 14 and 20 years old
- Enrolled in high school or college
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average
- Have no criminal history
- Good moral character
What are the duties of an APD Explorer?
- Attend weekly meetings - Sundays at 7:30 AM
- Assist with DUI checkpoints
- Traffic and crowd control
- Assist other Explorer Posts
- Provide support at City events
Steps to Join
- Submit An Application: Read the instructions carefully. If a specific section does not apply to you, please write "DNA." Do not leave blank spaces. Once completed, you may turn in your application at the Alhambra Police Department, Records Section.
- Application Review: After submitting your application, an Explorer Advisor will review your application and speak to you, your parents/guardians, your school, etc.
Once approved, you will be placed on probation until you complete the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Explorer Academy (18 weeks on Saturdays). Upon graduation from the Academy, you will be able to participate in ride-alongs, explorer competitions, etc.