Salary: $54,355.92 - $70,760.88 Annually
Dispatchers are an integral part of police operations. As a dispatcher, you are the first point of contact for the Alhambra community. Our Dispatch Center is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and receives thousands of calls both emergency and non-emergency. This position requires the ability to remain professional and composed during high-stress situations.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Works well under pressure
- exercises good judgment and makes sound decisions in emergency situations
- speaks and types (35+ WPM) in a clear and concise manner
- is able to learn, memorize, and utilize police codes, names, street locations, and other information
- is able to work a flexible work schedule (including weekends, holidays, and night shifts)