On November 12, 2019, in response to the feedback detailed below, the Alhambra City council unanimously voted to place Measure AL, a $0.075% local sales tax measure, on the March 3, 2020 ballot.
Maintaining Alhambra's Local Quality of Life
Alhambra prides itself on being a desirable, safe place to live, do business and raise a family.
After years of State takeaways of local funds, Alhambra is facing budget deficits. As part of our transparent budget process and to inform future strategic planning, we have identified several community priorities for local funds including:
- Preventing property crimes, like thefts and burglaries
- Maintaining police, fire and 911 emergency response
- Keeping public areas safe and clean
- Maintaining essential City services
- Helping ensure young people have safe places to play
- Repairing streets and potholes
- Maintaining local control of local funds
The City is committed to continuing to reflect your priorities in our decision-making through our community-centered budget process and planning for the future. We want to hear from you!
If you have questions regarding Alhambra's current fiscal challenges and service priorities and would like to hear more, please email Lucy Garcia in the City Manager's office or call at 626-570-3257.