What is coronavirus? How is it spread? What are the symptoms? Should I wear a face mask?
Explore the FAQ links for answers to these questions and more.
KEY PREVENTATIVE STEPS
According to LA County Department of Public Health, the best ways to reduce the possible spread of the coronavirus are:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (not your hands).
- Facemasks are most effective when used appropriately by health care workers and people who are sick.
- Get a flu shot to prevent influenza if you have not done so this season.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Limit close contact, like kissing and sharing cups or utensils, with people who are sick.
- Stay at home when sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Watch CDC Video COVID-19 Public Awareness Message-Stop the Spread of Germs on Youtube.