Southern California Edison
To help with financial challenges due to COVID-19, Southern California Edison is temporarily suspending disconnections for customers unable to pay their bill. Learn more on the Southern California Edison website.
SoCal Gas has suspended service disconnections until further notice. This means no customer will have their natural gas turned off due to non-payment. Customers whose household income has recently changed may now qualify for 20% off their natural gas bill with CARE. Learn more on the SoCal Gas website. Customers can also visit the SoCal Gas CARE's program page for information on customers whose income may have recently changed due to COVID-19.
- Residential Assistance for customers with limited income.
- Medical Baseline Allowance for which space heating is medically necessary.
- Income Based Program (CARE): 20% monthly bill discount.
- Energy Savings Assistance Program: No-cost energy savings measure upgrade and minor home repairs. Clothes washer replacement, heater replacement, attic insulation, furnace replacement, door weather stripping, low flow showerheads.
- Gas Assistance Fund
- One time grant to help customers pay their gas bills.
- For customers impacted by COVID.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Arrearage Management Plan: Past bills could be forgiven. Up to $8,000.
- Emergency Rent and Utility Bill Assistance Fund: Rent and utilities. Housing is Key through the state.
Find more details online:
Clean Power Alliance
Clean Power Alliance will provide a one-time $25 bill credit to residential customers who recently became unemployed, have reduced income, or are experiencing economic hardship due to COVID-19. Learn more on the Clean Power Alliance website.
Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program
Low-income households in Alhambra can now apply to receive financial assistance for delinquent residential water bills. The Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) offers a one-time payment of up to $2,000 to help pay residential water or wastewater utility bills. Learn more here.