To register for the basic training class:
- Call 626-588-CERT
- Email us with your name, address and phone.
Join Community Emergency Response Training (CERT) to become properly trained for emergency situations. In the hours following a disaster, emergency response agencies may be overwhelmed and unable to respond immediately to your neighborhood. CERT program participants are provided with skills to survive a disaster and provide neighborhood assistance until emergency agencies arrive.
Basic CERT Training Program
Based on FEMA's CERT Program, here is what you'll learn:
- Emergency Disaster Preparedness - how to prepare for a major disaster by making homes safer and stocking supplies that are important to have in the home in case of an emergency.
- First Aid - how to perform life-saving techniques such as first-aid, fire suppression, light search and rescue.
- Communications and Good Team Work - development of these skills is very important to being successful and the instructors emphasize them in the training.
- Required Text - "Community Emergency Response Team, Participant Handbook" Cost: Free! Handbook and most materials and equipment for this class will provided for free.
- Session 1 - Disaster Preparedness
- Session 2 - Fire Suppression
- Session 3 - Disaster Medical Operations - Part 1
- Session 4 - Disaster Medical Operations - Part 2
- Session 5 - Light Search And Rescue
- Session 6 - Terrorism Module
- Session 7 - Disaster Psychology And Team Organization
- Course Review And Disaster Simulation
- Meeting 8 - Graduation
CERT & Community Events
- CERT team members help the community prepare for the winter rains by filling sandbags.
- CERT team members help recruit new members and distribute pamphlets about disaster preparedness at local events.